The curricular prerequisites to access the Master's Degree Course in Industrial Chemistry are those peculiar of the L-27 class of degree courses (DM 270/04), and in particular:
- at least 20 credits in disciplines of mathematics, information technology and physics;
- at least 70 CFU in discipline groups belonging to the distinguishing areas included in the L-27 Class Table (Analytical and Environmental chemistry - CHIM/01 and CHIM/12; Inorganic and Physical chemistry - CHIM/03 and CHIM/02; Industrial chemistry and engineering - CHIM/04, CHIM/05, ING-IND/21-22, ING-IND/25; Organic chemistry and Biochemistry CHIM/06- BIO/10-12).
The above credits are fully recognized to graduates of the undergraduate programs of class L-27 of the Università degli Studi di Milano. All other students must demonstrate to have the curricular requirements of the graduates of the class L-27. Different curricular profiles will be evaluated by the Commission for the Access to Industrial Chemistry.
Moreover, also a minimum English language proficiency at level B1within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is required.
The Italian and foreign students with academic qualification awarded in Italy must submit application for admission electronically from 01/03/2021 to 27/08/2021, respecting the modalities indicated in the "student area" of the UNIMI web portal (https://www.unimi.it/en/study/bachelor-and-master-study/degree-programm…).
Undergraduates who intend to graduate by December 31st, 2021 are also allowed to apply.
Methods for verifying knowledge and personal preparation
Admission requires possession of the above curricular requirements (assessed after the admission application).
Moreover, the personal skills of each candidate will be ascertained through a Chemistry test and an interview on topics related to the subjects covered in the fundamental courses of the bachelor's degree in Industrial Chemistry. The interview will be conducted by the Commission for the Access to the Master, composed by teachers appointed by the Teaching Board. The test to verify the personal skills is selective even in the case the curricular requirements listed above are recognized.
In particular, the Personal Skills will be verified in the following ways:
a) Execution of European Chemistry Tests granted by the European Chemistry Thematic Network (http://ectn.eu/committees/virtual-education-community/echemtest/) for the assessment of expertise in Chemistry.
The test includes questions, in English, with multiple choices, on topics of the five areas of Analytical, Industrial, Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry. In order to pass the test, students must answer correctly to at least 20% of the questions in each of the five thematic areas. In case of slight insufficiencies (15-19%) the Access Commission reserves the right to summon the candidate in any case to better evaluate his/her preparation;
b) Interview with the Access Commission on topics related to fundamental aspects of core disciplines of the degree in Industrial Chemistry. The failure of the interview prevents the access to the MSc in Industrial Chemistry for the current year.
EChemTest will take place in July and September 2021, according to the calendar at the following link:
The test will be delivered remotely. A valid identification document is required to carry out the test.
It is not necessary to register for the test, the application for admission involves automatic registration for the test. In particular, a few days before the test, students who have applied for admission will receive instructions by e-mail to access it on the indicated day. The instructions will also indicate how to carry out a proof test (N.B. no other proof tests will be provided).
The interview with the Access Commission will be scheduled in the following days (possibly also remotely).
A further edition of the EChemTest, for any recovery of insufficiencies will take place in December 2021, with its subsequent interview. It is possible to take only a recovery test, subsequent to the one carried out and in which the failure in one or more parts was found. The test and the interview can also be carried out before graduation, subject to the possession of the curricular requirements indicated above.
For non-EU students, who may have visa and/or residence permit problems, an EChemTest will also be scheduled in May. Furthermore, it will be possible for them to schedule the interview remotely using a videoconferencing platform.
FOR A BETTER TEACHING PLANNING ALL CANDIDATES, INCLUDING THOSE EXPECTING to graduate before December 31st, 2021, ARE STRONGLY SUGGESTED TO APPLY FOR TEST and INTERVIEW in July or September.
Graduates who have successfully passed the verification tests will be able to enrol after 5 working days from the date of the verification, within the terms indicated on the website
English level evaluation
Proficiency in English at a B1 level or higher, under to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.
The B1-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) during admission as follows:
- By a language certification at or above B1, obtained no more than 3 years earlier. For the list of language certifications recognized by the University please review: https://www.unimi.it/en/study/language-proficiency/placement-tests-and-… - The certification must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- By the English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through SLAM courses and tests. The certificates must be less than four years old, and will be assessed administratively, without the applicant having to attach any certificates;
- By the entrance test, which will be delivered by the SLAM on July 2nd 2021 at 9.30, on September 17th 2021 at 9.30 and on December 10th 2021 at 9.30, only for students who have applied for admission at a later date.
All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the required proficiency level will be invited to take the test through the admission procedure.
Candidates who do not sit or pass the entrance test will have until 31 December 2021 to obtain and submit one of the recognized certifications to the SLAM.
Students who do not meet the requirement by 31 December will not be admitted to the Master's degree programme and cannot sit further tests.
For further information, please visit the SLAM website: https://www.unimi.it/en/study/language-proficiency/placement-tests-entr…
Application for admission: from 12/03/2021 to 27/08/2021
Application for matriculation: from 01/04/2021 to 15/01/2022
Admitted students who have already graduated must enroll by 30 September 2021, while those who will achieve the qualification or requirements set by 31 December 2021 must enroll by 15 January 2022.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts